Deep technical knowledge of software development is not a prerequisite, however you should be well-versed in basic troubleshooting techniques to solve issues caused by most Internet Gremlins, especially those related to changes in social media platforms and third party APIs. The ability to think beyond clearing browser cache and cookies in order to troubleshoot the specific issue that’s reported is essential.
During training, you’ll be expected to be proactive in your process and learn quickly. Once fully up-to-speed (3 months), you’ll respond to 15 - 20 support tickets and chats per day and cover US time zones as part of shifts.
The support rota consists of a 3 shift rotation, the early shift from 9 AM - 5:30 PM; the flexi shift (work 8 hours around the core hours 10 AM - 4 PM); the late shift from 12:30 PM - 9 PM.
Our customers expect the best level of troubleshooting and this is a significant volume, so be sure that you’re ready and able to deal with that kind of daily load — you’ll get all the support and guidance you need along the way!
🤝 About you...
We’re looking for people who love helping others, with the ability to make complicated situations painless and simple. This means being a great problem-solver, knowing how to process and resolve issues quickly.
- You should be a stellar communicator, even when you have to communicate less-than-stellar news. You should have highly tuned senses of compassion and empathy and a drive to constantly want to help customers and colleagues.
- We have a low staff turnover rate — a large portion of the team has been at Sendible for 5+ years. But, your voice matters to us. We like hearing fresh perspectives and appreciate new viewpoints, so you should feel comfortable speaking up and not be afraid to drive change and challenge the status quo. If something sucks and can be done better, we want to hear!
- You love supporting people. You understand that this isn’t a springboard into another area at Sendible. You want to be part of our support team for a while, and you’re excited to contribute to making Sendible the best social media management product for our customers.
A big part of the role itself is supporting each other, so you should understand the value in prioritising relationships with your colleagues.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company.
💻 Why work with us?
- Work from our London-based HQ initially with the ability to work remotely once you're fully trained.
- 25 days paid holiday per year, plus one bonus day for your birthday
- Profit sharing bonuses (if the company does well and you played a big part, you'll be rewarded)
- Medical insurance after 1 year
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years
- We love learning! Take part in our book club and receive free books quarterly or use your £1000 learning allowance to develop your skills
Gain incredible experience building a truly successful, global SaaS company with a dedicated, small team where you can have a huge impact!
📨 How to get our attention when you apply
Introduce yourself to us as a colleague. Show us what your future could look like here! We value authenticity, so be yourself, be creative, and take your time with the application.
There are no bonus points for being the first to submit! Impersonal, cloned cover letters won’t do.
Tell us why you want this particular job. Tell us about:
- Why you want to work in customer support.
- Why you want to work at Sendible and not somewhere else.
- A description of a great customer service/support experience you had recently, and what made it great.
- A time you taught yourself a new skill to complete a job or project.
Then, pick 3 of the questions below and answer them like you would if you worked here:
- Does Sendible support publishing to Pinterest?
- What are examples of the types of content that can be posted directly to Instagram? What requires a push notification reminder?
- What's the difference between queues and regular scheduling within Sendible?
- What is Sendible's top feature request right now and why is it important to our users?
- What is Sendible's mission?
So, if you want to join Shanaaz, Claire, Pete, Costa, Alexis, Sarunas, Heather, Anneliese and Coral in making our customers happy, please submit your application!